Gov Shutdown in 2013
- started on 01 Oct.
- lasted for 16 days.
- Market weakness in initial 7 days.
- Market recovery started at the sight of a possible resolution.
Observation for last week (15 -19 Jan 2018)
- Strong move on high hopes for budget extension and no Gov shutdown.
- Positive Earnings from the companies.
Observation for Coming Week (22-26 Jan 2018)
- Unexpected shutdown of the US gov for 2018.
- Shutdown is expected to be short-lived.
- More weakness to be seen in the market if the shutdown of the US gov drags on.
- As long as SPX remains above $2,700, the Bulls are still in the market. Keep a tight stop at $2,760. Dips are to be purchased once resolution of the budget is seen.